We are available for urgent advice to General Practitioners and will arrange endoscopic investigation and/or consultation to fit the urgency of the clinical presentation.
From the first days, the philosophy has not changed. Our goal has simply been to provide high quality gastroenterology consultation in a timely fashion and to support the patient’s general practitioner with a considered opinion and appropriate ongoing medical care.
On a practical level we believe that this model of care should include:
- Friendly and easy access to our secretarial staff and gastroenterologist as required.
- The earliest possible allocation to the first available appointment with one of our handpicked and highly competent gastroenterology physicians.
- A well-considered workup and opinion with a clear explanation.
- Accurate diagnostic investigation using the best equipment and facilities available with supply of an endoscopic report to the patient on the day of procedure and to the general practitioner within 48 hours.
- An offer of gastroenterology consultative follow-up if and when necessary.
- A ‘no-gap’ billing plan for all endoscopic procedures when private health is held.